Saturday, December 1, 2012

Mountains and camels and pumpkin pie, oh my!

Greetings and happy December! Justin and I are settling back into Tiflet after a few weeks of traveling - first with friends from the U.S. in Morocco and Spain, and then with Peace Corps Volunteers in a small town in southern Morocco for an authentic Thanksgiving celebration. I was very happy to have lots of travel and adventures this month, because this same time last year I didn't do much more than stare unhappily at the cast on my leg! Thankfully, this year we were able to spend the holidays with new and old friends and take on new experiences, explore new places, and eat lots of yummy food :) Enjoy a few photos from our Moroccan adventures below - photos from Spain will come in another blog post soon!

Justin and I and snowy mountains! Never thought I would see this in Morocco!
Our friends from the U.S., overlooking Ait Benhaddou
Camel trek in the desert near Zagora! My ride for the afternoon :)
I'm not sure if this is just me, but I swear that Justin and his camel
have the SAME facial expression :)
I have been wanting to ride a camel for a while, so you can see I am very excited!
Camel shadows on the desert
Our Thanksgiving feast, some of which required key items to be shipped
from the U.S. (thanks to Justin's parents!). Stuffed chicken (no turkey to be found),
vegetable quiche, cranberry sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, green bean casserole,
sweet potato casserole, stuffing, and gravy. I think I'm still full from it!
Even some authentic apple and pumpkin pies!
A very happy group of Peace Corps Volunteers, about to partake in the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment