Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The newest members of our family

Don't get too excited! The newest members of our family are living creatures but they're  not very huggable or likely to learn any tricks. But they will (hopefully) be delicious!


This is my first shot at gardening, something that I've been wanting to do since we came to Morocco. Since we can't have a dog here, I figure I need something to tend to other than Justin - and I am really craving some of the fare that we can't get locally. If all goes well, in a few weeks we'll be seeing the start of spinach plants (on the left), basil (in the rigged up greenhouse covered in plastic wrap), and some herbs for cooking (thyme, rosemary, and oregano). 

Keep your fingers crossed for me! Green thumbs don't run in my family but I'm hoping that I can succeed nonetheless. I'll share updates either way!

No comments:

Post a Comment