Thursday, August 16, 2012

Today is my birthday!

I am celebrating my (gasp) 30th birthday today in Morocco! 

I have been reflecting on the past year and how very different my life has become, and for sure the hardest thing about this birthday is not being able to celebrate with friends and family back in the U.S. But I feel so fortunate to have Justin here with me, and that we've been given the chance to build friends and family here in Morocco. And while it is undoubtedly very difficult for me to be away from friends and family (this day more than ever), I think that it is just as hard for those back in the U.S. It's not as easy as just picking up the phone, dropping a card in the mail, or meeting up after work to catch up... these days we have to arrange for Skype dates instead of simple phone calls, allow several weeks for mail to make its way here, and correspond via email and Facebook instead of chatting together over dinner or at the office. 

To all of my friends and family, please know that I am so grateful and thankful that you have adjusted your lives to keep me a part of them. Sending lots of love across the ocean today and on all days! xxooo

No comments:

Post a Comment