Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Moroccan Cooking Adventures

Whew, it's been a busy few weeks! After returning from Marrakech, I held a huge party and discussion about women for 75 young girls in the community at our Youth Center. It was really successful and I had many interesting cultural/language experiences along the way - I'll be talking about this in the next post. After the party, I spent a few days in Rabat helping with training for the new Peace Corps Morocco group. But now I'm back in Tiflet, for a few weeks at least.

I was excited to return from the training sessions in Rabat to see that my first-ever guest blog post has gone live! My friend Nishta from high school has an amazing food blog called "Blue Jean Gourmet" and I wrote a post for her about learning to cook in a foreign country. You can read the post here... and check out the rest of Nishta's blog too, she has some mouth-watering recipes and beautiful stories.

And since I'm on such a cooking kick now, I thought I would finally launch a new page that I've been planning for a while, detailing many of the dishes that I've cooked in Morocco. Some dishes are very Moroccan, some are things that I want to eat but can't easily buy here, and some are just fun and interesting. I plan to keep this page updated with my latest and greatest cooking exploits, which hopefully soon will include some of the very traditional Moroccan dishes (tagines, couscous, etc). You can find the page here, and it will also stay in the link list on the right side of my blog. 

You can be sure that I'll keep posting updates on food adventures on the main blog as well! Below are a few photos of some of the dishes I've made (these are all on the new page too). Enjoy, and please let me know if you make any of the recipes and what you think of them!











No comments:

Post a Comment