Wednesday, May 11, 2011

We have lift-off!

It only took me about 6 months but my blog is now up and running, with a VERY exciting announcement... Justin (my husband) and I have accepted an invitation to join the Peace Corps as Youth Development volunteers in Morocco, leaving in September 2011!! We are both so excited about this new step in our lives. 

I thought that having a blog would be a great way to keep in touch with friends and families, and also to connect with other Peace Corps new and returned volunteers. 

For those of you who don't know, I left my full-time advertising agency job in May 2010 to pursue a new path that allows me to contribute to the world in a more meaningful way. Since I've stayed a little quiet over the past year, I plan to use the next few blog posts to talk about these experiences. It has been an exhilarating, confusing, overwhelming, exciting, eye-opening year and I look forward to sharing with all of you :)

2 comments:

  1. Lauren- I am so proud of you and Justin. Your blog is AMAZING and I want you to know you have my full support, mama. I know this has been a tough albeit inspiring year for you and I can't wait to see where it takes you in the years to come. Have a blast in Morocco! That isn't too far from Portugal, ya know...
    I love you more than words can express and I never was as proud of you as I am today. Go get 'em tiger. And you have my permission to wear whatever color shoes you want to along the way. xoxo-E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my dear!! Your message means SO much to me. And yes we will definitely need to meet up on the other side of the ocean :)

    ReplyDelete